Thursday 17 July 2014

Strawberries and pins

We have been really busy over the last week or so and it has meant that I have not had much time (or inclination) to do much crafty "stuff".  I say "stuff" because I currently have some pillows, an iPhone case, a quilt top and a new skirt on my do now list.  This is obviously quite a bit shorter that the to do list which covers things which I have most of the supplies for and a lot shorter than the want to make list...... (am I the only one who has multiple lists like this for their projects?).

Anyway I received the first issue of Quilt Now last weekend.  It is really good and I love how fresh and modern it feels. I have been following the editor Katy's blog - I'm a Ginger Monkey - for a number of years and if you like the blog I'm sure you will love the magazine.  I can't decide what to make first!

The magazine also came with materials to make up two strawberry pin cushions.  Whenever I get a free gift with a magazine (or any gift for that matter) the first thing I do is open it up to have a wee nose.  I was really impressed - you even got all the coordinating thread!  However, as I started to devour the magazine the pack was left the pack on the coffee table....

However, we have visitors this week and I was doing the ironing the other night when I noticed the fabric and thought hmm could do with a wee press. Next thing I knew I was using the new gadget which I had been hemming the curtains with to draw my circle.....


.....cutting out the leaves.....


.....and sewing it together......


They came together really quickly, think it was just under an hour, which was good since I probably should not have started a new crafty project at 10.30pm on a work night!  Just need to get the pins back out and start some more sewing now.


Good enough to eat?!




No comments:

Post a Comment