We went to Maidens in Ayrshire today as it was a lovely and sunny and I thought it was perfect opportunity to wear my new skirt and actually take some photos. Not bad since its has been over a week since I made the skirt! I was not too sure about the fabric at first but when paired with my Lottie blouse I think it looks quite good.
Even quite far out!
Anyway, back to the skirt! I cut a straight size 6 from the pattern - using my normal method of baking parchment and random objects from the living room to help trace it out!
The skirt panels went together really quickly and then it was onto the concealed zip. Now when I purchased my new machine a couple of months ago I decided to also invest in an invisible zipper foot. This project was ideal to give it a test run.
Here we go.......
It was really easy to use and I was very happy with how the skirt came together. I was even more pleased when I zipped it up and realised that I had managed to match the waistband seam first go!
I did, however, end up with a bit of a bump at the top of the zip once I had sewn in the waistband lining. I don't think I had trimmed the seam allowance back enough - hopefully I will manage to sort that for my next Delphine skirt.
I wanted to make this version of Delphine to see if the style suited me before I made some for OWOP. Given that it is only a couple of weeks away I had better get sewing and stop paddling in the sea!