Wednesday 11 January 2017

2017 Q1 Finish-A-Long - Proposed Finishes

Hello

It has been a while since I have been here but I have not stopped making things (check out my Instagram for what's been going on).

Over the last year I found I was feeling weighed down by all the projects I had to do but kept starting new ones (please tell me it's not just me who does this...).  I wrote a list of all my projects and I want to finish half in each section before I start a new project. After writing I discovered another cross stitch lurking in a bag (a Tatty Teddy with blue flowers) so at the beginning of the year I had 19 WIPs on the go.


There were a couple of quick finishes in the Christmas ornaments....

....and the white baby cardie.  But that leaves 17 projects still on the list.


I noticed that Charm About You is part of the team hosing the 2017 Finish-A-Long. So I have decided to take part. I have been a bit ambitious and want to get 8 (!) projects done this quarter.



First off I have a pair of socks in West Yorkshire Spinners Kingfisher yarn.  Just need to turn the heel and finish off the foot of the second sock.


My baby girl sampler from Bothy Treads just needs the name, date, weight and time added to it and some embellishments and it is done.

Rocky coast cardigan - at the moment this needs a sleeve and a half knitted me the front band. However, it has been sitting in a bag since 2014 and I have a funny feeling I may need a bigger size now.  Need to do some measuring before I decide if I want/need to frog it and if I have enough wool to knit it again.

Cross stitch advent calendar - this was from World of Cross Stitching Magazine last year and I have 9 days to finish before stitching up.

Christmas tree skirt - I really want to get this out of the way.  I have had this extra fabric from my Christmas quilt lying about for ages and decided in December to start a tree skirt. Needless to say it didn't get finished before Christmas.

Typewriter cross stitch from issue 290 of Cross Stitcher Magazine. This has been on the go for a while (2015 I think) and quite far through so hopefully won't take too long. Although I think the problem with it was I was using two skeins of grey for the keyboard and they must have come from different dye lots so I may have some ripping out to do first....

Tatty Teddy kit - just needs the back stitch finished.  I hate the back stitch on these, it's a complete pain. Which probably explains why it says that the rest of the stitching was finished in 2005.....


Lastly my RICO cushion kit I was given for Christmas. This stitches up quite quick but we will see how far I get....

Right that is a long list so I had better get off the computer and get started..... speak to you soon x






6 comments:

  1. That is a long list, but just keep trying and you'll get it done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hoping this FAL is good motivation to get through these sooner rather than later!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful projects. The baby girl sampler is especially sweet. It's nice to blog now and then when you're active on IG. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2017 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is good to be back on the blog, last year was a bit crazy so hoping to be back here more this ear. Also thanks for hosting- brilliant idea and a lovely community x

      Delete